UK Registered Charity Number: 1154107
Conservation by Re-use
Helping churches acquire surplus and/or redundant bells to be hung for
English-style full-circle bell-ringing.
The Keltek Trust has assisted the project by finding a buyer for the existing treble bell; Although a good bell, it was considered to be too large to be part of the ring. We also located a surplus bell from St Chad’s, Shrewsbury, which is now the second bell of the ring of eight at Albrighton.
The Two Bells Fund was set up and registered with the Charity Commissioners in late 1997 to gather funds for the following Millennium objectives.
The first objective was born of the idea that Albrighton and RAF Cosford had co-existed harmoniously since 1938 and it should be celebrated in some way and to enable us to raise funds by inviting people to have their names recorded for all time for all to see.
The second objective would give an illuminated pictorial representation of the association that could be seen both from within the tower and in the body of the church.
The third objective was to complete the work of our ancestors who built the bellframe at the turn of the century with the obvious intention of hanging eight bells. Their aspirations were not fulfilled for whatever reason, and it would be a fitting tribute to their efforts if we could complete their work, albeit at the turn of this century.
The above information is taken from the Albrighton Two Bells Fund prospectus.
|Trust donations - Church gallery|
|Rings of bells|
|Bell-frames & fittings|
|UK - Redundant church gallery|
|UK - Bells for chiming|
|Overseas - Bells for Chiming|
|John Taylor Bellfoundry Museum|
|The Sound of Bells|
|ex-Trinity House buoy bells|
|Relocating Redundant Church Bells|
|UK Bell-founders & hangers|
|Our Internet Service Provider|