UK Registered Charity Number: 1154107
Conservation by Re-use
Helping churches acquire surplus and/or redundant bells to be hung for
English-style full-circle bell-ringing.
St Peter's also acquired a surplus bell as part of their augmentation project. The new tenor is a fine Simpson tuned Taylor bell from St Barnabas, Penny Lane, Liverpool. The bell was removed to make way for the installation of the new ring of eight bells.
St Peter ad Vincula
The augmentation scheme at Coggeshall was unusual as most schemes involve adding treble bells to the existing ring. This project involved the addition of a treble and a tenor bell and necessitated the replacement of two of the original ring of eight bells with bells of a different note.
We were asked if we could find alternative homes for the two surplus bells. We are pleased to report that new homes have been found for both. The old 6th bell, cast by Tho. Gardener in 1757 has become a clock hour bell at St Mary's, Coity, Mid Glamorgan. The surplus 2nd bell has become the new treble at St Mary's, Donyatt, Somerset as part of their restoration and augmentation scheme.
|Trust donations - Church gallery|
|Rings of bells|
|Bell-frames & fittings|
|UK - Redundant church gallery|
|UK - Bells for chiming|
|Overseas - Bells for Chiming|
|John Taylor Bellfoundry Museum|
|The Sound of Bells|
|ex-Trinity House buoy bells|
|Relocating Redundant Church Bells|
|UK Bell-founders & hangers|
|Our Internet Service Provider|