UK Registered Charity Number: 1154107
Conservation by Re-use
Helping churches acquire surplus and/or redundant bells to be hung for
English-style full-circle bell-ringing.
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, St Michael’s Tower
The former church of St Michael possessed a ring of ten bells up until 1956 when the two trebles were transferred to the Cathedral (recast 1978) and the remaining eight bells were scrapped. The Gloucester Civic Trust has installed one bell (ex-High Wycombe) in part of the former frame.
Two bells from the pre-2012 ring of eight at Stone, Staffordshire cast by Abraham Rudhall in 1710 at the Gloucester Bell Foundry have been put on display in St Michael’s tower. Rudhall’s Bell Foundry was situated close to St Michael’s tower.
The ex-High Wycombe bell installed in part of the original bellframe.
|Trust donations - Church gallery|
|Rings of bells|
|Bell-frames & fittings|
|UK - Redundant church gallery|
|UK - Bells for chiming|
|Overseas - Bells for Chiming|
|John Taylor Bellfoundry Museum|
|The Sound of Bells|
|ex-Trinity House buoy bells|
|Relocating Redundant Church Bells|
|UK Bell-founders & hangers|
|Our Internet Service Provider|