UK Registered Charity Number: 1154107
Conservation by Re-use
Helping churches acquire surplus and/or redundant bells to be hung for
English-style full-circle bell-ringing.
The pre-augmentation 2nd has been hung above the other bells and its pit taken by the pre-augmentation treble bell. The work was completed on 1st March 2000. The scheme is a significant milestone for the Trust because it is the first scheme to be completed which incorporates a bell acquired by our Bell Rescue Fund.
Langley Burrell, Wiltshire,
St Peter’s has had a ring of four bells for over four hundred years. The current bells date from 1607 to 1628 and were probably cast by Roger Purdue of Bristol. The inscription on the tenor is:
ALLELVYA COME AT MYCALL 1607
A week after the dedication of the new ring at Stratford-sub-Castle we visited Langley Burrell to record and tonally analyse the bells. The analysis suggested the ex-Stratford-sub-Castle bell would be suitable as the second of the proposed augmentation to six. This bell together with a newly cast bell have been hung in the treble-pit of the existing wooden four-bell frame.
|Trust donations - Church gallery|
|Rings of bells|
|Bell-frames & fittings|
|UK - Redundant church gallery|
|UK - Bells for chiming|
|Overseas - Bells for Chiming|
|John Taylor Bellfoundry Museum|
|The Sound of Bells|
|ex-Trinity House buoy bells|
|Relocating Redundant Church Bells|
|UK Bell-founders & hangers|
|Our Internet Service Provider|