UK Registered Charity Number: 1154107
Conservation by Re-use
Helping churches acquire surplus and/or redundant bells to be hung for
English-style full-circle bell-ringing.
Lismore, NSW, Australia, St Andrew
Lismore, Australia, is a regional city situated on the Wilson River on the far north coast of New South Wales, approximately 40 kms inland from Australia’s most easterly point, Cape Byron. Lismore was first settled in 1845 by William Wilson and understood to be named by his wife after her Scottish Island home of Lismore in Loch Linne, near the island of Mull.
Lismore was proclaimed a village in 1856, a municipality in 1879 and a city in 1946. The latest population figures (1995 census) suggest that 29,280 people reside in the urban area and a further 16,160 reside in rural and village areas within the Lismore City Council area which covers 1,267 sq kms.
The Coat of Arms granted in 1947 recognises Lismore’s Scottish origins, and belief in the progress of the city. The legend reads in ancient Gaelic; “Am baile rach teid air adaigh theid e air ais.” These sentiments are transferred in Latin to the Seal of the City of Lismore, “Qui non proficit deficit” meaning He who does not advance retrogresses.
The ring of bells at St Andrew’s was installed in 2002 and comprises a ring of six previously hung at Wilton, Salisbury and two newly cast trebles.
St Mary & Nicholas, Wilton, Wiltshire
A newly cast ring of bells was installed at Wilton to commemorate the new Millennium. The Trust acquired the pre-millennium ring and they are now the back six of the octave at Lismore.
|Trust donations - Church gallery|
|Rings of bells|
|Bell-frames & fittings|
|UK - Redundant church gallery|
|UK - Bells for chiming|
|Overseas - Bells for Chiming|
|John Taylor Bellfoundry Museum|
|The Sound of Bells|
|ex-Trinity House buoy bells|
|Relocating Redundant Church Bells|
|UK Bell-founders & hangers|
|Our Internet Service Provider|