UK Registered Charity Number: 1154107
Conservation by Re-use
Helping churches acquire surplus and/or redundant bells to be hung for
English-style full-circle bell-ringing.
Liverpool, St Mary,
The Trust used its Bell Rescue Fund to acquire the eight-bell chime from the former church of St Mary, Highfield St, Liverpool. The bells came available after the church and site were sold for re-development.
The current brick building opened on 18th June 1953 and was designed by Messrs Weightman & Bullen. The building replaced the Pugin church which was destroyed by enemy action on 4th May 1941. The chime of eight bells, cast in 1952 by John Taylor Bellfounders of Loughborough, replaced those damaged during the war. The bells were removed at the beginning of January 2000 by the Merseyside Bell Restoration Group. The church has now been demolished.
The front four of the chime have been installed at Stanton-in-Peak, Derbyshire as part of a ringing peal of bells. The back three installed at Christ Church, Bath, Somerset as the back three of the ring of eight and the fifth of the chime installed at Stoke Canon, Devon.
Stoke Canon, Devon
|Trust donations - Church gallery|
|Rings of bells|
|Bell-frames & fittings|
|UK - Redundant church gallery|
|UK - Bells for chiming|
|Overseas - Bells for Chiming|
|John Taylor Bellfoundry Museum|
|The Sound of Bells|
|ex-Trinity House buoy bells|
|Relocating Redundant Church Bells|
|UK Bell-founders & hangers|
|Our Internet Service Provider|