UK Registered Charity Number: 1154107
Conservation by Re-use
Helping churches acquire surplus and/or redundant bells to be hung for
English-style full-circle bell-ringing.
Orange, NSW, Holy Trinity
A ring of eight bells was installed during 2007 to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the church building. Holy Trinity church like many other church buildings in Australia was designed to hold a ring of bells but they had yet to be installed. The Trust had been actively looking to locate and acquire bells for this project and we located five of the eight bells.
The old 7th bell from Kidderminster cast by Abel Rudhall in 1754 is the tenor; a surplus bell from All Saints, Wokingham is the 7th; a bell ex-St Mary, Sittingbourne the 6th; an ex-Trinity House buoy bell is the 4th and a bell from a redundant church in Scarborough the 3rd of the octave.
|Trust donations - Church gallery|
|Rings of bells|
|Bell-frames & fittings|
|UK - Redundant church gallery|
|UK - Bells for chiming|
|Overseas - Bells for Chiming|
|John Taylor Bellfoundry Museum|
|The Sound of Bells|
|ex-Trinity House buoy bells|
|Relocating Redundant Church Bells|
|UK Bell-founders & hangers|
|Our Internet Service Provider|