UK Registered Charity Number: 1154107
Conservation by Re-use
Helping churches acquire surplus and/or redundant bells to be hung for
English-style full-circle bell-ringing.
St Faith’s church three bells were augmented to four in 1920 by the addition of a treble bell. Like many churches grant aided by the Millennium Commission’s “Ringing in the Millennium” scheme the bells were augmented by the addition of two bells.
The 1920 bell was deemed to be too small and light to be part of a ring of six bells. The Trust helped to find a new home for the bell at Wetton, Staffordshire. The second of the ring of six is a redundant bell from the now demolished church of St Stephen, Tovil, Kent.
The restored and augmented bells were dedicated on 12th July 1998.
Photo of Tovil church ©John Vigar
|Trust donations - Church gallery|
|Rings of bells|
|Bell-frames & fittings|
|UK - Redundant church gallery|
|UK - Bells for chiming|
|Overseas - Bells for Chiming|
|John Taylor Bellfoundry Museum|
|The Sound of Bells|
|ex-Trinity House buoy bells|
|Relocating Redundant Church Bells|
|UK Bell-founders & hangers|
|Our Internet Service Provider|