UK Registered Charity Number: 1154107
Conservation by Re-use
Helping churches acquire surplus and/or redundant bells to be hung for
English-style full-circle bell-ringing.
Up until 1998 St Lawrence possessed only two bells: the treble cast in 1594 by John Wallis of Salisbury and the tenor cast in 1767 by Robert Wells of Aldbourne. Aided by partnership funding from the Ringing in the Millennium scheme a ring of six bells was installed comprising of five newly cast bells and the John Wallis bell. The new ring was dedicated on 11th October 1998.
The Trust acquired the surplus Robert Wells bell using its Bell Rescue Fund and it is now the 2nd of the augmented ring at Langley Burrell.
|Trust donations - Church gallery|
|Rings of bells|
|Bell-frames & fittings|
|UK - Redundant church gallery|
|UK - Bells for chiming|
|Overseas - Bells for Chiming|
|John Taylor Bellfoundry Museum|
|The Sound of Bells|
|ex-Trinity House buoy bells|
|Relocating Redundant Church Bells|
|UK Bell-founders & hangers|
|Our Internet Service Provider|