UK Registered Charity Number: 1154107
Conservation by Re-use
Helping churches acquire surplus and/or redundant bells to be hung for
English-style full-circle bell-ringing.
Photos courtesy of Kirsten Crosby.
Casting some of the new bells for the ring at the bell-foundry.
The bells by the Greenway memorial prior to their installation at St James.
The Rudhall tenor bell after tuning at the bell-foundry.
St James is the oldest standing church building in Sydney. The architect, Francis Greenway, designed the tower to hold bells but only a single bell hung for chiming was ever installed. The Trust has also been involved in locating a surplus bell-frame in which the bells are hung.
Sydney, NSW, St James
The Trust donated a bell which came from the redundant church of St Paul‘s, Bristol to the project. It was cast by John Rudhall in 1793 and is the tenor of the ring of eight. Seven new bells have been cast and installed to complete the octave.
|Trust donations - Church gallery|
|Rings of bells|
|Bell-frames & fittings|
|UK - Redundant church gallery|
|UK - Bells for chiming|
|Overseas - Bells for Chiming|
|John Taylor Bellfoundry Museum|
|The Sound of Bells|
|ex-Trinity House buoy bells|
|Relocating Redundant Church Bells|
|UK Bell-founders & hangers|
|Our Internet Service Provider|