UK Registered Charity Number: 1154107
Conservation by Re-use
Helping churches acquire surplus and/or redundant bells to be hung for
English-style full-circle bell-ringing.
Upper Beeding, West Sussex,
Four trebles were added to the existing two medieval bells to create a ring of six in 1893. Four years later two trebles were cast to complete the octave. The ring was not a complete success, the poor sound and cramped conditions in the ringing chamber left a lot to be desired.
In 2008 a decision was taken to reduce the ring to six bells and improve the ringing circle. This work was duly completed in 2009 and the Trust found new homes for the two surplus treble bells.
|Trust donations - Church gallery|
|Rings of bells|
|Bell-frames & fittings|
|UK - Redundant church gallery|
|UK - Bells for chiming|
|Overseas - Bells for Chiming|
|John Taylor Bellfoundry Museum|
|The Sound of Bells|
|ex-Trinity House buoy bells|
|Relocating Redundant Church Bells|
|UK Bell-founders & hangers|
|Our Internet Service Provider|